PMO – Project Management Office Mgr – Latin America (Mgr III Engineering Reliability)
- To ensure the delivery of Projects and Services in accordance with QHSE procedures and Company Standards.
- Set up PMO for sustainable operation.
- Responsible for Project Management including:
- Leadership of division
- Coaching and development of personnel, including succession planning
- Utilise sales and resourcing pipelines, to manage sustainable growth.
- Maintain resourcing forecast for all projects in the business division.
- Effective management, monitoring and reporting of all projects and ensure they deliver to quality, budget and timeline.
- Clearly highlight any risks to or opportunities from your division, and ensure steps are taken to make the most of these.
- Management of Change.
- Budget planning and management
- Ensuring all projects are operated and delivered in line with Company technical standards.
- Works closely with Business Development Team and Account Managers to develop relationships with our clients to meet sales targets.
- Sales enablement via internal training and coaching.
- Technical excellence in the delivery all projects
- Ensuring Documentation of case studies
- Works closely with Reliability Engineering office to support continuous improvement and service innovation.
Drive Improvement through QHSE procedures and Company Standards, ensuring that lessons learned and other opportunities for improvement are feedback into these systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
This position can be based in Brasil, Argentina, Colombia.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Job Board Text
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Cidade: São Paulo