PLA Agile Coach
Who We Are
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
WHAT YOU’LL DO (AND WHY IT MATTERS)
Our Agile team addresses clients’ most critical challenges, enabling them to build Agile enterprises that are more nimble and focused on business value. Our team thrives on helping organisations achieve more – drive better outcomes, achieve faster time-to market and enable teams to work smarter rather than harder.
As an Agile Coach, you will apply your Agile expertise, practical experience and battle tested transformation practices to guide organisations in increasing organisational agility, promoting rapid innovation and delivering real customer value. You will work closely with our client’s leadership teams to understand their issues, define and provide training on Agile concepts, win buy-in for your recommendations and work with fellow BCG case team members to transform client potential into performance.
You will help to develop and deploy customised training on Agile concepts, values, cultures, behaviours and practices, whilst engaging in hands-on coaching as our clients work through day-to-day problem solving in an Agile fashion.
You will help develop our client’s proficiency in Agile practices through the facilitation of workshops in one on one and group coaching sessions, exposing them to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community to increase agility, leveraging Lean, Scrum, Kanban and other Agile thinking. Often at times you will work side by side with coaches in training in an apprenticeship model to help our clients develop their internal coach workforce and to embrace the right mindset to culture change.
You will raise awareness and support the overall strategic direction of the assignment scope, collaborating directly with client software, operations and leaderships teams. You will also coach them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile related topics, such as Agile at scale, software delivery, product management, design thinking, engineering culture and DevOps to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
You will be responsible for specific parts of the project, prepare communication artefacts, manage quality and risk while maintaining client expectations and escalations. You’ll deliver ground-breaking projects by enabling our clients to effectively use agile methods and modern approaches in the context of strategic Agile implementation.
You will work with a multi-functional team of consultants and be supported by an extensive training curriculum, plus technology-specific training and mentoring to help build upon your Agile and technical knowledge. You will also help with project proposals, client care, building relationships with peers and identifying new business opportunities.
Finally as an Agile Coach you will contribute to the Chapter’s development through collateral and methodology development and help to build the BCG brand as a key member of the case team.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
We’re looking for exceptional talent from consulting, industry or both to join us. You would typically have:
- 4+ years’ relevant experience as an Agile Coach with a deep understanding of the theory behind Agile principles working in a professional software development or IT project management environment.
- Background as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master or Product Owner with agile (Client) software development teams delivering Agile capability
- Proven track record of orchestrating transition and coaching teams for large and complex Agile programs with the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organisation
- Track record of Agile consulting and advisory with methods such as XP, SAFe, Scrum, Lean or Kanban
- Formal qualifications in mentoring or coaching a plus or a collection of any of the following industry certifications highly desirable
v Scrum Alliance (CSM / CSPO / CSD/CSP)
v Scrum.org (PSM / PSPO / PSD)
v SAFe (Scaled Agilest / SPC)
- Experience around drafting and writing project proposals, developing project frameworks and supporting content
- Experience of managing small or large projects
- Possess good knowledge of DevOps and how it can help transform a team/organisation
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills, strong customer focus and mental agility with a results orientation
- Proven stakeholder engagement and management experience with exposure to C-level
- Preferred industry background: Retail, Banking, Insurance, Utility, Oil, Gas and Telco
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel to clients world-wide
- A strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- A University degree with above average academic performance in a STEM related field or business management
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- BCG Managing Directors and Partners (MDP’s)
- PLA Managing Directors (MD’s)
- BCG Consultants at all levels
- PLA Consultants at all levels
- Clients, vendors, partners
YOU’LL BE BASED IN
YOU’LL BE TRAVELING
At BCG Platinion you will have the opportunity to travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams.
At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs
and nature of projects.
Cidade: São Paulo