MERCHANDISE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SALES CONSULTANT
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
MERCHANDISE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SALES CONSULTANT
Oracle Latin America
Amount of Travel: 50%
Oracle Latin America is singularly focused on Retail industry solutions. The Latin America Sales Consulting team within Oracle Latin America is the sales support organization which is dedicated to sell Oracle Retail solutions to retailers in Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and MCR).
To strengthen Oracle’s position as a leader in the Merchandise Operations Management market, we are looking for a Merchandise Operations Management Sales Consultant (Merchandising Foundation, Supplier Deals Management, Purchasing, Import Management, Perpetual Inventory Management, Pricing, Allocation, Invoice Matching, Sales Audit, In-Store Production like Build-to-Sell or Break-to-Sell and Store Inventory Operations). In this role, you will support SaaS sales by formulating and leading presales functional activities to prospective clients and customers. These activities include identifying key issues the retailer needs to address, building relationships with key individuals, delivering business process and value based presentations and demonstrations that clearly show the value that Oracle can deliver to the retailer. This is a key role in driving the success of Oracle Latin America across the Retail sectors (Fashion, Hardlines, Grocery and Pharma).
This sales-support position leverages a deep level of business process knowledge in the Retail industry (Fashion, Hardlines, Grocery, Pharma), across Merchandise Operations Management. This is a business-facing and solution specialist position, not a technology-facing position, so the ideal candidate would be able to have business conversations with C-level business executives all the way down to managers and end-users, adapting the conversation appropriately; but also be able to have similar conversations with the CIO. These business conversations would then be turned into new selling opportunities, or to validate existing selling opportunities. This position leverages superior skill levels in Retail industry knowledge, Merchandise Operations Management solution expertise and solution demonstrations (Oracle Retail solutions like Retail Merchandising System, Retail Trade Management, Retail Allocation, Invoice Matching, Sales Audit, Retail Price Management, In-Store Production like Build-to-Sell or Break-to-Sell and Store Inventory Operations), team building, communication, organization and time management, public speaking and presentations, complex problem solving, diplomacy and professionalism, and above all, persuasive selling skills.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Be an acknowledged expert in Merchandise Operations Management and ideally across the key sectors of Grocery, Hardlines, Fashion and Pharma.
- Be able to present industry trends and best practices as well as present and demo Merchandise Operations Management processes, capabilities and value in a compelling way.
- Support the sales process and lead all functional aspects as a business and solution expert (The Trusted Advisor).
- Be able to convince others (often at a senior level) through presentations, relationship building, demonstrations and written communication of the value Oracle can bring in supporting Merchandise Operations Management processes and addressing the key business pains of the retailer.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in responding to RFIs, RFPs, needs analysis, positioning, etc.
- Communicate Oracle’s values proposition and deliver outstanding solution presentations and demonstrations to prospects, customers, partners and the market.
- Ability to work on large or complex sales opportunities requiring creative and complex solutions.
- Maintain in depth and up to date knowledge of competitors.
- Have a strong team spirit, and be willing to work in teams often virtually.
- Actively participate in organizational skill exchanges and transfer expertise to others.
CANDIDATE PROFILE – ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- +5 years of experience working in Merchandise Operations Management positions in retailers or selling and /or implementing Merchandise Operations Management solutions.
- Experience working with specialized Merchandise Operations Management solutions.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven team player.
- Flexible & easily adapts to change.
- Strong network building skills internally and externally.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, sometimes at short notice.
CANDIDATE PROFILE – ADVANTAGEOUS
- Experience with Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations Management solutions.
- Verbal and written fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Ability to work well in a large organization.
Experience in Merchandise Operations Management solutions from Oracle, SAP, Blue Yonder/JDA, Totvs/Gemco, Aptos and Mi9 Retail.
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Pre Sales
Location: BR-BR,Brazil-Sao Paulo
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Cidade: São Paulo