Architecture Sr Manager
The Architecture Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Directly manages a team of Architects including: coaching/motivating staff; performance management; compensation decisions; and staff career development.
- Interfaces with the business/client in terms of defining the requirements of the effort as well as its applicable resources.
- Interfaces with vendors to assess their technology and to guide their product roadmap based on Citi requirements.
- Executes the architectural vision for all IT systems through major, complex IT architecture projects; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Develops technology road maps, while keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design.
- Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Exhibits in depth understanding of concepts and procedures within architecture and has basic knowledge of those elements in other areas.
- Has in depth understanding of how architecture integrates within technology and has commercial awareness.
- Shares responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Requires evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Impacts the area through delivery of end results and contributions to planning, finances/ budget formulation of policies.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate and negotiate with external parties.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- English fluency is required
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting