Project Quality Manager
Requisition ID: 234912
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/14/2021
Develops, maintains, and verifies implementation of the quality activities of small scope or designated portions of a larger project within a quality functional or project assignment. Manages and coordinates the project quality program/plan activities associated with one or more functions in engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations and decommissioning of a project. May maintain client liaison and communication for project quality activities. Advises management of project quality problems and progress.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from Manager of Quality and Six Sigma.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May supervise a portion of or all of the quality team assigned to the function or project.
- Will likely represent the project during audits conducted by client, management, or regulatory agencies. Maintains contact with project team members in engineering, procurement, construction, administrative services, testing, operations, decommissioning, and other project personnel, and with client and staff quality personnel. Interfaces with suppliers and contractors on quality related items.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directs quality activities on a project, communicating with engineering, procurement, construction, administrative services, testing, operations, decommissioning, and other project personnel to ensure management goals and objectives are met.
2. Coordinates the preparation of and establishes the quality program/plan within the project.
3. Reviews and approves quality‑related procedures prepared on the project to ensure compliance with the project quality program/plan.
4. Trains quality personnel assigned to the project.
5. Coordinates, supervisors, and/or participates in the project auditing and monitoring program to verify the effectiveness of the project quality program/plan.
6. Recommends actions to project personnel to correct observed quality deficiencies.
7. May maintain client liaison and communication for project quality related activities.
8. May represent the project during quality assurance audits conducted by the client, management, or regulatory agencies.
9. Reviews project schedules for quality‑related activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of the project quality plan requirements.
10. Identifies quality problems, initiates documented action and verifies implementation of solutions. Manage the project corrective action system.
11. Initiates and/or coordinates stop-work action, when warranted.
12. Forecasts job hours and monitors charges to the project quality budget.
13. May initiate project quality staffing requirements and budgets for approval.
14. Prepares reports on the effectiveness of the quality program/plan implementation.
- Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the quality principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning.
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions to reconcile nonconforming conditions.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions which impact the quality program/plan.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Proficiency in providing direction and on the job training to assigned personnel.
- Some proficiency in managing financial performance.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer programs.
This knowledge is normally acquired through one or a combination of the following:
- a recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
- specialized courses in engineering, quality, personnel administration or a specialized discipline, and
- practical work experience in fields of engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, or business administration
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Cidade: Rio Grande do Sul