Software Development Manager
Software Development ManagerFull Time / Remote / Global
Please apply here: https://forms.clickup.com/f/3jdqk-1703/RAA16GIWHBCDAA9OCW
Founded in 2018, at Next Idea Tech we build, optimize and maintain stores for innovative eCommerce retailers, and build and maintain world-class SaaS products for startups across the US and Canada. We focus on delivering ROI for our clients and our team is always striving to produce the most valuable features and improvements on each of our projects.
Our team is distributed across the Americas with team members specializing in Ruby on Rails, React, Angular, WordPress, Magento, UI/IX development, and various front-end frameworks. Our developers have varied backgrounds and have worked with companies both large and small in various industries.
Our team is looking for a top-notch Software Development Manager willing to take on challenging projects. You will be working side by side with a distributed team to help build and maintain amazing e-commerce and SaaS apps. Our ideal candidate is fluent in English, is a great communicator, and is able to work in a disciplined way in a remote environment. We value honesty, responsibility, and self-sufficiency.
- Manage a team of lead developers across different stacks, prioritizing work and optimizing project plans to deliver quality, on-time software.
- Managing all the activities of the software development team and set goals for each team member to ensure timely project delivery
- Participate in sales / lead calls. Answer technical questions.
- Analyze, estimate and respond to RFPs (Request for Proposal)
- Make architectural decisions that enable scalability, testability, and instrumentation. Lead by example in code health, testing, and maintainability when contributing your own code and reviewing others’.
- Analyze and research third party systems / APIs.
- Contribute to code / DevOps activities if necessary.
- Perform routine code reviews. Ensure coding standards are being followed.
- Create new processes and improve existing processes.
- Attend development team meetings and interact with Project Management, Sales, and the Customer.
- Report project status to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Deep domain knowledge and experience with OOP concepts. Previous hands on experience with the following stacks is desirable but not required: React, Angular, Vue.JS, Python, Wordpress, Ruby on Rails, C#, Sql, Mongodb, AWS, Azure.
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field).
- 2 years experience as an Engineering Manager. 7+ years in software development.
- Positive team oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to apply commonly accepted design patterns
If you think you might be a good fit, please apply below!
APPLY HERE: https://forms.clickup.com/f/3jdqk-1703/RAA16GIWHBCDAA9OC
Job Type: Full-time
Cidade: Rio de Janeiro