Senior Software Developer
We are looking for remote Senior Full Stack Developers to join our team. No matter where you are located in the world, there could be a spot for you at Propellerhead.
Propellerhead is a leading software services company designing, delivering and maintaining large-scale digital platforms. Our clients include Auckland Transport, New Zealand Rugby, Avid AML, BlinkPay, Centre of Possibility, Starship Children’s Hospital, SkyBus, Spark, ESR, Ministry of Education, New Zealand Post, and Auckland Museum.
Focusing on flexibility and lean working methods, the team you join will be internally self-organised, allowing you to focus on managing work rather than people. We practise agile at Propellerhead – our teams work in sprints to maximise the pace of delivery for our customers. We believe good design and innovation comes from teams that build trust and cooperation, where we all learn from each other.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join our core service delivery team. You will be designing and building interesting and challenging software products for our customers. Your team consists of like-minded software craftspeople with a degree of autonomy seldom experienced in other organisations. The role includes:
- Defining, together with your team, the set of technologies and programming languages that would best serve the solution you are designing and building.
- Active participation in all aspects of software solution design, including code structure, deployment architecture, DevOps, automated testing and integration of third party systems.
- Collaborating with fellow developers, analysts, and service owners at Propellerhead and with client stakeholders to create a shared understanding of the solution design and roadmap delivery in line with agreed budgets.
- Actively contributing to the construction of software using your knowledge of best practices, tempered by a keen sense of understanding the least amount of work required to deliver the most amount of value to your customer to meet set budgets.
- Constructing software at every layer of the stack, from user interfaces, back end services, data repositories, interoperability, infrastructure-as-code, deployment pipelines, automated testing and system monitoring.
- Providing second-line support of the systems you build and actively seeking ways to keep your software secure, performant and reliable.
- Pass on your learning of new technologies or techniques to the broader organisation as part of our knowledge sharing programme.
- Open to work from home arrangements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- High proficiency in NET and C#.
- Hands-on experience deploying to Azure and/or AWS, including participation in building CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience in software design for architecture with highly interdependent features.
- Your portfolio includes significant extension or adaptation of a current framework, integrating a major external library or multiple new subsystems.
- You will be used to using techniques such as user stories to express the work to be done as business outcomes.
- You can produce clear and concise design documents.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to translate between requirements and technical tasks.
- We have a flexible hybrid work style, allowing you to work from home or the office, depending on your needs.
- We are a developer-led organisation and provide our employees with the means to bring software to life.
- Fortnightly developer knowledge sharing session with a lunch shout.
- Plenty of office perks, delicious snacks and beautifully designed offices in the heart of Auckland.
- Work on interesting, diverse, commercially-minded projects for high profile clients that make a difference in the world.
- You will be working alongside world-class colleagues who strive to push the boundaries of development, enabling personal growth and achievement.
- We are an equal opportunity workplace, free from discrimination.
- Be a part of a culture of collaboration and learning.
How We Build Software:
Taking our lead from the world of software product development, we structure solutions in a product-centric manner, continuously delivering improvements from a backlog of features. These features are taken from real stakeholder needs linked to clear objectives.
Our digital platforms are a mixture of custom components and external services that combine for a powerful and engaging experience. Our guiding principle is only to write code necessary to deliver experiences unique to users.
Please note – only applications with a cover letter will be reviewed.
It’s important that you submit a cover letter with your application – it’s your chance to tell us more about who you are and what you value – this is very important to us.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: R$20,000.00 – R$30,000.00 per month